PAE in Bahamas is hiring a Rotary Wing Captain on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for performing a variety of professional functions in support of Aviation Services for the AUTEC project.
- Operate as part of a three member flight crew during helicopter operations.
- Operate over water long line FAR 133 torpedo recovery missions.
- Operate FAR 135 passenger missions.
- Willing to accept additional duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Must have experience in the operation of heavy multi-engine helicopters.
- Must have experience in parts 135 and 133 external load operations.
- Explicit training in helicopter operations and external load operations required.
- Type rating preferred in the S61N Helicopter.
- Commercial & Instrument License in category (Turbine Rotorcraft Helicopter) required.
- Minimum of 2,000 hours of turbine powered helicopter flight time and 500 hours as a pilot in command of turbine powered helicopters of at least 10,000 pounds gross takeoff weight required.
- Must have current second class medical.
- Pilot experience will determine the type and position offered to the applicant.
- Previous FAR 135 experience preferred.
- Some requirements may be waived for applicants with significant experience directly related to the mission.
- Rotary wing experience required.
- Sikorsky Helicopter experience preferred.
- S-61/H3 experiences a plus.
- FAA Commercial Rotary Wing License with Instrument Rating.
- Ability to handle multiple work assignments, work with little supervision and work well under pressure.
- Ability to travel as assigned by the company.
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 25 pounds of equipment of varying types.
- Must be physically fit and able to climb helicopter and able to work in a high heat environment.
- Hazmat training and experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.