PAE in Bahamas is hiring a Test Planning Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data in support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
The Test Planning manager is responsible for overseeing approximately 10 personnel assigned to the Test Planning department. This position has significant decision-making authority to ensure Range User test commitments are met via scheduling and planning. The Test Planning Manager reports directly to the Division Manager of Test Services on the AUTEC project.
- Manages the Test Planning multi-location team comprised of Program Engineers, Contractor Range Scheduler, Technical Instruction Analyst, Range User Coordinator, and UK Logistics and Support Administrator.
- Responsible for the full spectrum of Technical Instruction activity at the contractor level including collaboration, tasking, cost control, modifications, and delegation of management.
- Oversees scheduling, training, and technical guidance of department personnel.
- Contributes to the hiring, evaluating, and mentoring of department personnel.
- Performs recurring management functions such as timekeeping, administrative reporting, property control, hazard safety, training, and audits.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of test planning requirements as specified within the Performance Work Statement (contract).
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with NUWC Test Operations Code 7031 and PAE division and department managers.
- Maintains/revises databases to capture and report various test planning information and monthly reports.
- Identifies and implements continuous process improvements to gain department efficiencies.
- Conducts periodic reviews of applicable directives, policies, procedures, and plans.
- Reviews test plans, operations control directives, briefs, and target and weapon requests to determine requirements for real-time test support.
- Attends briefings, meetings, and special events in support of test planning and test operations.
- Ensures required security procedures and test protocols associated with job tasks are adhered to in situ.
- Work schedule may include extended hours in support of test operations.
- Collaborates with the Test Operations manager to ensure test planning matters are attended to across the range schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Science, Electronics, or equivalent required.
- Five years of experience in direct support of military operations such as test conductor, engineering, systems controller, advisor or supervisor required.
- Military service (minimum of 5 yrs.) involving medium to large-scale test operations in tandem with an AS Degree in a technical field may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirement and/or years of experience.
- Excellent interpersonal management and customer relations/interface skills.
- Strong organizational skills for prioritizing and coordinating work load and able to meet contractually mandated deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently, and work within a team environment as required.
- Able to work in both a traditional office environment as well as non-traditional controlled operations center.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment. Must be able to produce documentation using Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English required. Use of Microsoft Outlook email and associated tools is imperative.
- Capacity to manage close vision work on computer screens/monitors. Must be able to walk up/down a one flight stairwell as well as board range craft and fixed/rotary wing aircraft.
- A valid US passport and driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to reside in a remote location with limited medical facilities.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance; US citizenship is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.