PAE in Bahamas is hiring a Communications & Lab Services Tech III on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, testing and the installation of a variety of complex Communication & Tracking Systems installed throughout the AUTEC project, and at CONUS sites as required.
Principal Responsibilities of the Classification:
- Perform in depth troubleshooting of electronic equipment to component level and complete and documents repairs.
- Utilize antenna testers, WATT Meters, VOMs, pulse generators, Communications Test Sets, dynamic signal analyzers and other various test equipment
- Trains lower-level techs as required
- Install and verify operation of electronic tracking devices aboard U.S. Navy vessels and aircraft.
- Perform Administrative actions and maintenance of PBX.
- Perform installation of Telephones and CATV drops.
- Assist in new equipment installation and Operational Acceptance Testing.
- Able to maintain shipboard communications installations.
- Performs analysis of equipment and systems on a daily basis to assess performance.
- Performs administrative record keeping and spares inventories for maintenance of assigned systems.
- Perform on Call Communications duties as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in electronics or military electronics training or the equivalent in additional experience on a two year experience for one year education exchange basis.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in installation, repair and maintenance of complex Communications systems and subsystems required.
- PC literate to maintain data bases creates spreadsheets and word processing skills required.
- Prior experience in Crypto installation and repair. To include KY-58, KG-175 and KIV-7.
- Digital Microwave maintenance and operations.
- Digital Multiplex, PROMINA, maintenance and operation experience.
- Must be able to work aboard ships at sea.
- Able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds of equipment. Reach above the shoulders and climb using legs and arms to perform tasks.
- Ability to distinguish basic colors codes for communications cables.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities
- Proficient with test equipment required for in-depth analysis of equipment and systems.
- Valid passport and Driver’s licensed required.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.