Solomon's Super Center & Solomon's Yamacraw Stores in Bahamas is hiring a Warehouse Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
- Coordinate daily with Receiving Supervisor in an effort to prepare for incoming shipments as you allocate time between shipments/trailers. Communicate with Buyers and Logistics regarding upcoming shipments. Give urgent inventory needs top priority.
- Implement and Introduce policies and procedures that provide information and clarity on the systematic removal of vendor purchased inventory from shipping containers. Implement policies that bring about the warehouse organization and product rotation.
- Promptly check and record trailers thermostats ensuring that ideal temperatures were maintained during shipment. Verify origin of the container and that it is addressed to the appropriate company/division. Supervise the removal of vendor purchased inventory from containers/trailers. Confirm carton amounts and position pallets to be checked by the receiving team.
- Ensure that products are stored in an organized manner. Items that have not been received and are damaged should be segregated and clearly marked
- Liaise with the Receiving Team, in order to receive and distribute merchandise in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with Purchasing Department to report inconsistencies and address over ordering.
- Liaise with Logistics to report all issues relating to trailers from temperature readings and container schedules
- Liaise with Department Heads & Store Managers, to ensure the prompt distribution of merchandise.
- Liaise with IT Department for systems support
- Liaise with Inventory Department to assist within cycle counts.
- Incorporate daily training initiatives. Provide ‘on the job’ training and coaching while promoting succession planning.
- Become knowledge of sales targets and peak sales period assess staffing needs and prepare to control labour costs.
- Secure warehouse entrance/exits at all times. Stored inventory should remain in sealed boxes and packages at all times. Ensure that security measures are enforced as you monitor the movement of associates and inventory.
- Oversee cleaning and organization of the warehouse. Ensure that associates are adhering to all safety rules, policies and procedures and that only qualified associates are operating machinery.
• Experience necessary
• Proficient in Computers
• Ability to operate related machinery and perform all associated tasks
• Good communication skills (oral & written)