GTT in Guyana is hiring an Apprentice - OSPC C&M on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
- GTI Certificate in Telecommunication/Electronics or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in the technical field
- Physically, fit and mentally sound
- Availability and maturity to travel around the country while staying for prolonged periods on assignment
- A valid driver’s license
The incumbent will be responsible for learning and assisting the Network Technician and understanding all aspects of his duties; assist in isolating, testing and repair line plant used in the delivery of voice and data services offered by GTT.
- Assists in isolating, testing and repair cable fault, copper/fiber.
- Learn, apply and enforce standard operating practices that govern the company
- Ensures that the quality of service provided is consistent with the specification of the equipment.
- Train and work directly with the Cable Technician and Line Crews to diagnose, troubleshoot, resolve and qualify line plant issues using the appropriate test instruments and tools and guidelines offered by GTT
- Answer inquiries, resolve problems and escalate queries based on assignment needs, resolve problems and/or update supervisor using a defined procedure
- Fill out, record all information obtained within provided & defined systems, forms and reports
The successful applicant will receive an attractive remuneration & benefits package.
Applications should be sent by electronic mail to *****@gtt.co.gy with the subject line: “APPLICATION – Apprentice – OSPC C&M” or submitted by hand addressed to the Director EE, GTT 79 Brickdam, Georgetown