Digicel in Jamaica is hiring a Technical Project Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of 8 apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Primary Objective of the job:
- The Project Manager shall provide the following services for the duration of the term of this agreement:
- The Project Manager will be required to manage multiple technical projects related to network modernization of RAN, IP, Transmission and Core and/or other key technical projects in Digicel Jamaica.
- The Project Manager shall provide project planning, coordination and delivery to ensure project execution runs smoothly and ensuring that risks and issues are effectively managed and mitigated as described in the detailed Scope of Work.
- The Project Manager shall have responsibility for the end to end delivery of an array of Technical projects, interfacing with internal and external customers to deliver projects within scope, budget, quality and on time to ensure the required business outcomes are achieved, whilst effectively managing stakeholder expectations and communications.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Project manager is required to manage projects through Initiation, Planning, Implementation, Monitoring & Controlling, Closing phases using the project management framework as follows:
1) Initiating the Project
- developing the Project Charter;
- developing the preliminary project scope.
2) Planning the Project
- The Project Manager shall be required to develop the detailed Project Management Plan inclusive of: detailed project scope definition, project budget, GANTT chart and work breakdown structure, project milestones, risk management plan, communication plan and resource plan et al.
3) Implementation and Execution of the Project:
- directing and executing the relevant projects according to the project plan;
- developing and managing the project team and assigning resources.
- Setting up project tracking framework;
- developing forms and records to document project activities;
- implementing configuration management – ensuring appropriate document security;
- monitoring the progress of the relevant projects and making adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion;
- establishing communication schedules to update stakeholders; and
- reviewing the quality of the work completed with the relevant project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards;
- management of project issues and risks ;
- procurement management and planning;
- Managing the project team and project meetings;
- developing and maintaining detailed and current project documentation.
4) Monitoring and Controlling the projects:
- monitoring and measuring project performance and health and take proactive corrective action to bring project constraints (scope, budget, schedule) and project quality back in line with plan and/or forecast. Monitoring and tracking project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals using appropriate tools and techniques;
- reporting on project performance, including preparing reports on the projects for the management team and key stakeholders, communicating as agreed;
- monitoring and/or approving all budgeted project expenditures;
- monitoring cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly);
- managing all project budgets according to established procedures;
- ensuring that all financial records for the relevant projects are up to date; and
- preparing financial reports and supporting documentation for project sponsors as agreed.
- manage changes to the project constraints of project scope, project schedule and project costs and implementing the change control process where required;
- risk monitoring and control;
- evaluating the projects by ensuring that project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality; and
- evaluating the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase;
- updating project documentation throughout the life of the project and ensuring that the project repository is updated.
5) Closing the projects:
- conducting project closing activities as per the project management framework;
- documenting lessons learned throughout the course of the project(s);
- completing and compiling all final project documentation (both internal and from vendors and external parties) and store to the project repository;
- completing project closing punch list
- completing project closing reports
Academic qualifications and experience required
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.