Sagior Group Jamaica Limited is hiring a Team Lead - Application Development on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The selected candidate will have the responsibility of mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards. Working with stakeholders to understand and translate business requirements into technical requirements for the development team and bridging the gap between the development and business teams to deliver both software and non-software solutions using proven methodologies and documented standards. Additionally. the candidate will ensure that the development team delivers consistent, predictable system and process operations that provide interoperability with other systems and quality user experience and utilize software architecture and standards to ensure that the desired specifications are met within the stated timeframes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates impact analysis done by the Development Team, ensuring proper analysis on the major technical options, taking a lead role in proposing technical solutions within area of expertise.
- Ensures that the Development Team Takes responsibility for investigative work to seek effective solutions for assigned projects.
- Utilizes business experience and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives.
- Takes responsibility as needed for the detailed specification and modelling of recommended solutions
- Plans, arranges, and controls meetings, workshops, and relations with client/user staff during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work.
- Ensures that the Development Team takes technical responsibility for the stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) as outlined in SSIT SDLC process guide.
- Prescribes standards for the terms and symbols used in program documentation.
- Assists in setting guidelines for the preparation of policies and procedure manuals.
- Ensures that the Development Team prepares detailed documentation on the operation of programs for users and computer operators as outlined in the SSIT SDLC process guide.
- Ensures that the Development Team, periodically reassesses and updates documents.
- Ensures that the Development Team undertakes all work in accordance with required technical and quality standards, using appropriate methods and tools to achieve well-engineered products.
- Coordinates with the development team to prepare detailed documentation on the operation of programs for business users, support team members, and computer operators.
- Periodically reassesses and ensures documents are updated.
- Takes responsibility for the development team’s preparation for software implementation, to ensure that disruption is minimal, and that adequate knowledge is transferred to the Group operations and support teams for post-implementation support.
- Recommends program changes to the management team that will increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new systems requirements.
- Modifies application software to include corrective maintenance.
- Ensures that the development team uses proper version control and release management procedures, as per change management policy.
- Ensures that the development team applies automated and manual tools including ‘black box’ and ‘white box’ testing, to test and evaluate systems development
- Ensures that the development team follows proper department procedures and policies for the smooth transition of amended/new software.
- Ensures that the development team performs thorough unit testing and peer review to ensure that quality output of development is maintained.
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation, and execution of one or more small-scale projects, providing effective leadership to development team members where applicable.
- Monitors all activities against a plan, providing regular and ensures that accurate reports are available to senior management, and client/user management as appropriate.
- Maintains relationships with appropriate counterparts within both software engineering and service delivery functions and plays a full part in bringing systems to implementation as detailed by Sagicor’s policies and methods.
- Ensures that the relevant documentation relating to projects are prepared and stored by the development team according to the SSIT SDLC process guide.
- Vendor Management.
- Ensures that the development team maintains contact with larger software and hardware vendors for support and to remain informed of developments within the industry.
- Ensures that the development team communicates with core software vendors, to develop system designs into specific functionality requirements.
- Ensures that the development team works with, or provides guidance to vendors, ensuring that the business specifications are satisfied.
- Works with the development team to ensure that the applicable standards, procedures, and timetables are met.
- Works with the development team to ensure that business requirements provided by Quality Control Officers, and Business Owners are satisfied.n.
Academic Qualifications/ Specialized Skills/ Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in IT related disciplines.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted