Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is hiring a Broker Administrator on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The selected candidate will have responsbility to provide administrative support to the General Manger and Financial Advisors while assisting in the achievement of the Company’s goals and objectives and provide leadership to the administrative team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform secretarial and administrative functions for the General Manager.
- Prepare Financial Services Commission (FSC) Reports as per request.
- Manage relation with respective internal business partners.
- Train and develop the Company’s administrative team through consultation with the Assistant Manager-New Business and the General Manager.
- Prepare the company’s detailed departmental budget for submission to Head Office.
- Approve, monitor, and control all stock items to ensure sufficient quantities, cost effectiveness, prudent use.
- Assist with arrangements for Company functions/ meetings and annual events.
- Prepare Company’s productivity reports for weekly & monthly meetings and retreats.
- Resolve challenges experienced by external and internal clients.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/ Specialized Skills/ Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Successful completion of LOMA 1 and 2.
- Three (3) years’ working experience in a Life Insurance Company, with one (1) year experience in a supervisory role.
- Sound knowledge of Life Insurance Principles and Operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Good organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills and a high level of initiative and flexibility.
- High degree of interpersonal skills including tact and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of office procedures, record, and file management.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in computer software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.