Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is hiring a Loan Processing Officer on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting the Sales Team in a timely and efficient manner while delivering a high standard of professional service, including value-added after-sales service, to ensure customer satisfaction. Be effective and efficient in managing transactions and queries and ensure they are completed in a timely manner and in keeping with the banks service standards. Assist management with activities that can deepen customer loyalty and goodwill, as well as actively cross-sell the Group’s products and services to existing clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilties:
- Provide superior service to all internal and external clients, consistent with Sagicor's Customer Service Standards at every point of contact.
- Work with the branch and credit team in the achievement of growth targets and the achievement of the Bank’s Business and Strategic Plan related to retail sales.
- Prepare loan files after loan disbursement is complete.
- Submit loan files to Credit Quality for auditing.
- Assist with the preparation of security documentation.
- Assist with the follow up of outstanding collateral and update clients file accordingly.
- Assist with updating clients KYC information.
- Assist with follow up of delinquent loans up to 30 days past due.
- File loan files and maintain proper credit filing system.
- Assist with the clearing of overdrawn accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of TARs (Temporary Overdraft facility) and follow up on expired TARS.
- Assist with the pre assessment of proposed Loan Clients.
- Assist with loan queries received through email, Call Centre and Web queries
- Request Collateral release from Disbursement Unit.
- Prepare disbursement letters.
- Prepare posting restrict and referral report and send to Centralize Operations on a daily basis.
- Provide proper disclosure of terms and fees to clients.
- Assist with the postings of Manual Loan payments and other loan and fees entries.
- Prepare entries for posting of loan transactions.
- Represent the Bank at sales events as required and participate in Special promotions (in branch), marketing and sale of Banks products and service and referral of clients to Personal Banking Officer and other business development activities.
- Assist with the review and actioning of overdrawn account report and actioning of un-posted /rejected cheque report.
- Adhere to Sagicor’s Code of Ethics and be aware of the Business Continuity Plan.
- Adhere to the Computer Security policy and procedures in particular, protection of passwords, exposure of the system to viruses and improper usage of the bank’s computer system.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager or Assistant Manager Branch Operations.
Academic Qualifications/ Specialized Skills/ Competencies:
- Bachelors' in Banking & Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Experience in the area of credit or collateral securities in a financial institution is an asset.
- Experience in Customer Service is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s Credit policies and procedures.
- High degree of accuracy and detail oriented.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA).
- Moderate selling, negotiating and customer service skills.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of the English Language.
- Effective Team player.
- Good interpersonal skills.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.