Frederiksted Health Care, Inc. in US Virgin Islands is hiring a CDC Outreach Worker on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
This position requires the applicant to have the following;
- Required: COVID Vaccinated Work Environment
- Reliable transportation.
- High Energy
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to work independently and with others on specific tasks
Working under the direction of the director of the Division of the Community & Social Programs the applicant will provide community outreach services, education, and HIV testing as well as linking HIV-positive individuals who are not receiving medical care to Frederiksted Health Care Ryan White Early Intervention Services.
- Responsible for conducting community-wide outreach events for individuals at risk for HIV. Conducts all programmatic outreach activities including street outreach, detention centers, shelters, private gatherings, health fairs, soup kitchens, clubs, and other venues where at-risk individuals are known to gather. Provides Ryan White program information to community collaborators. Link outreached persons to Ryan White Program counseling and linkage to care services.
- Supports Ryan White Coordinator/Case Manager in the coordination of services for and supports specific to PLWA not in care. Engage PLWA (People Living with Aids) around housing status health care issues/needs and HIV status. Assess persons with known HIV status but unlinked to care and persons with unknown HIV status for readiness to be tested. Provides HIV rapid tests on-site and in the community to meet program deliverables. Collaborate with local community-based organizations.
- Assists Program Coordinator and Case Manager(s) in establishing community linkages and designated outreach venues. Collects data around member enrollment/activities and contractual requirements. Complete all necessary paperwork required by HRSA and enter data into CAREWare. Involved in program evaluation activities. Actively collaborates with other departments/units to develop collaborative mutually supportive program-wide services, supports, and opportunities for Ryan White program members towards optimizing outreach opportunities. Participate in agency-wide outreach events. Be trained and prepared to deliver the CDC PCC curriculum to frequent testers. Other duties as assigned.
Assist with any other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Requirements / Job qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Education (GED) required. Must submit with application/resume, when applying for this position.
- Must be able to work a very flexible schedule including late hours and weekends.
- Prior outreach experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated comfort with self-motivated, field-oriented direct practice with clients.
- Experience with the public towards testing and engaging in HIV-related services.
- Experience working with an at-risk, homeless, and or marginally housed population with particular emphasis on MSM and IV users.
- Strong work ethic and reliability.
- Reliable transportation (mileage will be reimbursed).
Physical and mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, balance on two feet, stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Mental demands include the ability to learn, adapt to changes, and become proficient quickly, pay close attention to details, courteous and professional demeanor, ability to deal with the stress of meeting deadlines, and adhere to company policies and procedures.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Passionate and Dynamic Management Team!
- Rewarding Work!
- Community Service Driven!