Frederiksted Health Care, Inc. in US Virgin Islands is hiring a CDC Case Navigator (FT-TEMP) on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
- COVID VACCINATED REQUIRED
- THIS POSITION IS FULL-TIME TEMPORARY.
- FLEXIBLE HOURS REQUIRED.
In this fast-paced environment, the Case Navigator (CDC or Homeless Programs) assigns, monitors, and organizes cases for social work. They will be directly involved in the lives of their clients, and provide resources and assistance. Planning health services, working with social workers and doctors, and scheduling treatment or recovery is all in a day’s work. The Case Navigator must be highly organized, empathetic, compassionate, non-judgmental, and eager to help children and vulnerable adults.
Emergency Response Declaration:
FHC is a provider of public health services. FHC and its staff maintain an ethical responsibility to remain ready and available to serve in the event of a Natural Disaster or during a declaration for a State of Emergency. FHC and its staff must be prepared to support the local government and/or the Virgin Islands community with access to health care. Therefore, all employees must be aware that they may be required to report to work, as proscribed by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Accessing client needs, and developing strategy to help client
- Providing support and resources for clients; good working relationship with support networks, government resources, and community resources
- Researching and referring client resources such as human services, housing authority, and other instrumentalities.
- Assigning social workers to respond to crisis situations that affect children and vulnerable or mentally unstable adults.
- Evaluating and studying programs, services, and resources for quality and client needs.
- Determining the correct course of action when helping clients, whether it be with a social worker, psychologist, or medical doctor
- Creating programs and services to benefit clients and community
- Caring for the well-being of clients and helping a wide range of clients, including people with serious illnesses, addictions, disabilities or who have been neglected
- Organizing and influencing community and other agencies to develop programs, policies, and services to assist in social work
- Advocating and raising awareness on behalf of clients and the needs of community and local services
- Assisting clients by providing a family social worker, clinical social worker, school social worker, or healthcare social worker
Non-essential Functions: Assist with any other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position requirements / Job qualifications:
Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, healthcare or medical and related fields; Master’s degree in social work preferred; supervised practicum or internship preferred. Current CPR/BLS certificate.
Skills and abilities: (language, mathematical, reasoning, etc.)
- Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, community leaders, policymakers and others
- Excellent time management skills; organized and able to prioritize
- Motivated to take on additional community involvement projects and solve problems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple cases
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, schedules, dates, and information
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Comfortable with building personal relationships and dedicated to helping others
- Empathetic and supportive with mentorship and leadership skills
- Licensed or certified by state board according to regulatory
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Able to travel to meet with clients