Digicel in Jamaica is hiring an Investments Accountant on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Primary objective of the job:
Specific focus on Investments accounting. Accountable for processing short term investments, derivatives, investments in subsidiaries, property, legal entity and minority shareholders. Responsible for validating and reconciling adjustments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process specific role responsible for, with a specific focus on Investments:
- Processing journal entries/allocations;
- Processing Intercompany Transactions;
- Performing general ledger account reconciliations;
- Supporting in the general ledger close / Period End processing;
- Processing management adjustments;
- Performing internal control testing;
- Providing external audit support;
- Providing inputs for note disclosures and regulatory tax disclosures;
- Reconciling balances and period-end activities.
Academic qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, or any other related field
- Completed professional accounting qualification
- Three - Four (3-4) years relevant working experience
- Previous demonstrable, relevant experience in general accounting / intercompany
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Record to Report practices
- Proficiency in using ERP systems and MS products, such as Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Functional skills and abilities:
- Specialized skills and deep domain knowledge.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high quality work in a fast‑paced environment.
- Clear communication.