Land and Settlement in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Audit Assistant on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
To assist the auditor with Internal controls, identification of risks and processed and to encourage compliance to procedures and policies.
REPORTS TO: Internal Auditor
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: N/A
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To work with management to ensure a system is in place which ensures that all major risks of the related to the Activities of the Land Settlement Agency (LSA) are identified and analysed, on an annual basis.
- To plan, organise and carry out the internal audit function including the preparation of an audit plan which fulfils the responsibility of the Agency, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs.
- To report to both the Land Settlement Committee and management on the policies, programmes and activities of the Agency.
- To coordinate coverage with the external auditors and ensure that each party is not only aware of the other's work but also well briefed on areas of concern.
- To make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management's response and implementation.
- To review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management.
- To report on the value for money that the Agency obtains in all its activities with special regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- To conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Land Settlement Committee, the external audit, Chief Executive Officer or Manager Corporate Services Unit, provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function.
- To assist in providing both management and the Land Settlement Committee with an opinion on the internal controls, checks and balances.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: KNOWLEDGE:
- A knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits.
- A knowledge of computerised accounting and auditing record keeping systems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- An ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to matters of internal audit, particularly legislation changes and developments as they affect the Government and LSA, and new auditing techniques and practices.
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships and to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Auditing or related field.
- Five (5) CXC/GCE O Level passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- Level 1 ACCA (Certified Chartered Accountant).