Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa in Cayman Islands is hiring a Senior Team Leader/Security Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
The Security Manager will perform all supervisory, training, and operations functions of the Loss Prevention Department. The candidate will also be responsible for the protection of guest and company property, employee and guest safety, and accident and fire protection response.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Maintain logs, certifications and documents required by law and standard operating procedures.
- Train staff in established emergency procedures and implement accident and fire prevention procedures.
- Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
- Collaborate with the Director of Safety and Security on ways to continually improve departmental performance.
- Comply with policies on proper investigative procedures for loss of property assets.
- Maintain accurate documentation of property patrols.
- Handle complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Strive to improve service performance.
- Supervise Security staff to optimally monitor and protect property assets.
- Communicates critical information to Security & Safety officers based on knowledge gained at pre and post-convention meetings.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members!
- Identify the developmental needs of others and mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provide mentorship and direction to direct reports, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Provide personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers or guests.
- Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Report all employee accidents and guest liability incidents in a timely manner.
What You Bring
- 3+ years of related experience, particularly in the understanding of safety protocols and local law requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, Business Management, or related field preferred.
- Strong organizational, task-management, employee relations, leadership, problem resolution and creativity skills.
- Ambitious with the ability to lead in the workplace!
- Ability to manage difficult situations with guests if and when they arise.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.