Land Settlement Agency in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Business Operations Assistant II on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The incumbent is required to perform a variety of complex clerical/secretarial and administrative support duties. Work involves the performance of office management functions; assisting in strategy and work programme planning and implementation; undertaking follow-up activities as required and performing secretarial duties for managerial/professional and technical staff. Duties also include the supervision of employees engaged in the performance of related duties. Depending on assignment, the incumbent may be required to perform some or the full range of the duties of this position.
REPORTS TO: Business Operations Coordinator or other designated officer SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: Staff as required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the work of employees performing a variety of routine to complex clerical/secretarial and administrative support duties by assigning and reviewing work and providing guidance.
- Trains and guides staff in performing work assignments.
- Co-ordinates the planning and management of meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Prepares and/or guides the preparation of complex correspondence, spread sheets, reports and other documents.
- Determines the need for, and prepares or oversees the requisition, receipt, storage, distribution and maintenance of office supplies and equipment.
- Undertakes follow-up activities regarding the Unit’s work programme and decisions taken at meetings, workshops and conferences and submits progress reports.
- Undertakes research, conducts analysis and compiles data as directed. Performs office management duties such as:
- Developing and maintaining file register and filing system in keeping with established procedures.
- Coordinating the receipt, sorting, recording and distribution of correspondence and other documents.
- Coordinating travel arrangements for staff.
- Arranging for equipment/building repairs and maintenance.
- Assists in the preparation of budgetary estimates by obtaining relevant financial and other data for inclusion.
- Generates a wide variety of documents such as letters, memoranda, minutes, reports, spread sheets utilising appropriate software.
- Operates a computer, utilising word processing and other software as well as other standard office machines such as scanners, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
- Performs administrative support duties for managerial/professional/technical staff such as:
- reviewing and screening incoming correspondence, making preliminary assessment of its importance, handles some personally or forwarding to superior;
- receiving and screening incoming calls and visitors , determining priority matters and notifying superior accordingly; and
- co-coordinating and managing the superior’s calendar by arranging appointments and engagements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: KNOWLEDGE:
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of relevant Public Service rules, regulations, instructions and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of office management principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant financial rules and regulations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in the use of personal computers.
- Ability to use e-Government technology platforms.
- Ability to use the internet for research purposes.
- Ability to compose and prepare standard documents such as letters, memoranda, minutes and reports.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of staff engaged in performing a variety of clerical/secretarial and administrative support duties.
- Ability to train and mentor employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop creative strategies and solutions to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and members of the public.
- Ability to use initiative and to find solutions for work related issues.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing clerical/ secretarial and administrative support duties.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of an Association of Business Executives Diploma (ABE); or Certificate in Public Administration (CPA) or equivalent.