Foster’s Food Fair Ltd. in Cayman Islands is hiring a Meat & Seafood Associate on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Department: Meat and Seafood
Reports To: Department Supervisor and/or Department Manager
Job Summary – The position will be responsible for in-store activities within the Department, including providing assistance to the Department Supervisor and/or Manager by maintaining, preparing and presenting merchandise. The position will be responsible for providing quality customer service in a safe and healthy environment. Position must also observe all store and company policies; while maintaining a neat, well-groomed personal appearance.
- Provide all customers with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Have knowledge of different types of meat and seafood products and services with the ability to make suggestions and sell to customers.
- Wraps, weighs, and prices all meats and related products processed in the Meat & Seafood Department.
- Take products to refrigerated storage or shelf areas.
- Ensure that all displayed shelves are properly stocked, clean and faced at all times.
- Willingness to learn product & cutting techniques.
- Code-dates and rotates all merchandise to ensure quality and freshness.
- Follow all department inventory control procedures.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times.
- Always show interest and willingness to learn the industry.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Exhibit attention to detail and commitment
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in largely diverse teams.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as store dictates
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in consistently cold temperatures of below 50 degrees.
- Ability to timely multitask while working in a fast pace environment.
- Company will provide certification for the Complete Basic Food & Hygiene certification.
- Verified proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.