Guardian Gorup in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Junior Information Security Analyst on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Junior Information Security Analyst is responsible for assisting the information security team with the management of the organisation’s information security risks. This includes the identification, protection, detection, response and recovery of these risks. The incumbent will also: be responsible for reviewing and monitoring of alerts; maintaining and updating the department’s procedures and assisting with audit and compliance reviews.
1. Incident Response
• Detect and respond to information security incidents that affect the organisation.
• Resolve security incidents directly or escalate to appropriate parties.
• Liaise with vendors, including Managed Security Service provider, on incidents and addressing threats and vulnerabilities.
• Complete security incident reports and record in security incident log.
2. Monitoring & Reporting
• Define process for monitoring information security alerts and reporting to management.
• Investigate and address security-related alerts from information systems.
• Prepare regular management report summaries for alerts from key systems.
3. Process and Procedure documentation
• Develop, update and maintain documentation for the department’s processes and procedures.
• Lead the development and continuous update of the department’s SharePoint portal.
• Assist with the creation of policies, standards and other guiding documentation.
4. Compliance and Audit
• Assist with the collation, validation and response for compliance, audit and risk reviews.
• Assist with regular preventative reviews to proactively identify issues that may arise in an audit.
5. Maintain Knowledgebase
• Keep abreast of the latest relevant security advisories, alerts and vulnerabilities for distribution to relevant stakeholders.
6. To perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the Manager.
• 5 C.X.C. / CSEC passes including Mathematics and English Language.
• 2 A’ Level/ CAPE passes
• Bachelor’s Degree (minimum upper-second class honors) in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from a recognized tertiary level educational institution.
• Information Security-related certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
• Have a minimum three (3) years of direct full-time information technology work experience with at least one (1) year in an information security role.
• Knowledge of relevant frameworks such as COBIT, ISO 27000-series, NIST and/or CSA CCM.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills including strong interpersonal skills. Must display an outward mindset, be adaptable and be willing to learn and grow.
• Information security evolves rapidly, and no single person is expected to possess every characteristic on this list. A curious mind, an ability to think about the rules and how to break them, and a willingness to learn are the most important traits. If you have these traits, we want to hear from you.
The Junior Information Security Analyst must display a high degree of integrity. He/she must have excellent oral and written communication skills including strong interpersonal skills. He/she must display an outward mindset, have an ownership mentality, be adaptable and be willing to learn and grow