Commonwealth Bank Ltd. in Bahamas is hiring a Credit Officer, Spanish Wells Branch on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
This position reports directly to the Assistant Manager, Operations/BIC Officer and indirectly to the Sr. Operations Officer. The Credit Officer position is an important and critical position within the Bank and the incumbent must be capable of performing all credit functions in an efficient and professional manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually solicits new customers and cross sells all services at every opportunity.
- Ensures all loan applications are thoroughly completed and supported by proper documentation.
- Ensures that all credit card applications are properly completed and approved before forwarding to the Credit Card Centre.
- Ensures the data input section of all loan, LAP and Credit Card applications are thoroughly and properly completed, noting specifically whether accounts have to be joined/combined with all existing accounts in order to avoid duplication of CIF files.
- Ensures that all applications (Loan, LAP and Credit Card) are approved or turned down within the specified standard.
- Ensures that all appointments are properly recorded and that the traffic sheets are recorded accurately using the specified codes.
- Ensures that all customers who require a return visit have a completed appointment card and that the appointment is logged on the traffic sheets.
- Ensure that every lending opportunity is followed up, i.e. a phone call should be made to all clients whose applications are pending.
- Ensures loan documents are prepared for loans scheduled for payout the following day, before leaving the office.
- Review the New Collateral/ Deed Receipts / Guarantee Forms, Life Ins. Policy and Assignments, Guarantor Forms, Promissory Notes and Chattels, Maintenance Form and the New Mortgage Input Form to ensure that details of all securities are properly included (for insurance and deeds)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Required to have good knowledge of the Bank’s products and services in order to be able to respond to customers’ enquiries, concerns and requests
- Ability to work on own with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent work ethics, punctuality and attendance record
The incumbent must maintain confidentiality, use sound judgement and perform independently while performing the duties of the Credit Officer. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Maintain standards of conduct
- Display characteristics of honesty, integrity and sound work ethics
- Be respectful
- Be flexible