Solomon's Super Center & Solomon's Yamacraw Stores in Bahamas is hiring a Cashier Supervisor on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
PRIMARY JOB OBJECTIVE
To support the Front End Manager with managing all aspects of the day to day operations of the Front End department while providing leadership through coaching to achieve productivity for efficient customer service.
KEY JOB TASKS
Front End Readiness
- Ensure that the front end is prepared with the required supplies, tools, products and the equipment is operating for the day's business activity.
- Communicate with cashiers information, policies, procedures and standards daily that will assist them in effectively performing their duties.
- Communicate with other store departmental heads for information about products, promotions, discounts, specials to pass to cashiers.
Auditing & Cash Controls
- Ensure that the proper checks of the cash floats are completed before and at the close of the day's business activity and that all funds balance.
- Keep cash and coins in the cash safe secured at all times during and after closing cashiers.
- Maintain adequate change and make available to the cashiers on a timely basis for the registers.
- Conduct daily audits of the cashiers float bags.
- Refrain from leaving cash unattended or unsecured either while closing out cashiers or leaving the safe room to return to the floor.
- Prepare deposits accurately in accordance with company policy.
- Where necessary, be proactive in contacting the armored cash in Transit Company to make cash pickups as scheduled.
- Monitor cashiers closely while checking customer orders at the register for passing items around the scanner and randomly check receipts of customers against register totals for accuracy.
Administration & Daily Paperwork
- Ensure that the paperwork is prepared and completed accurately with copies of reports, invoices, receipts supporting the day's sales activity and other transactions forwarded daily to the corporate office.
- Ensure that the paperwork is clean, legible, without edits, white-outs or corrections and is duly signed by the supervisor and cashier.
- Record sick days, absences, vacations for Human Resources and the Payroll Departments and forward documents immediately along with the daily paperwork to the corporate office.
- Handle non scanning or incorrectly priced items immediately.
- Prepare written reports where necessary.
SUPERVISION OF EMPLOYEES
Training & Development
- Provide daily coaching for the Front End team for superior customer service.
- Conduct hands on training to cashiers and baggers on the front end standards, recognition of products, differences in produce and general knowledge of products in the various categories.
- Ensure that the staff maintains a professional approach to customer service, greeting each customer, using opportunities to up sell and thanking them at the end of the sale.
- Assist cashiers in dealing with difficult customers and handling stressful situations during peak periods.
Monitoring & Maintenance
- Ensure that the front end is kept clean, neat and well organized, staff is dressed to company image standards.
- Schedule and manage the packers during the shift.
- Ensure that the shopping carts are kept clean and well maintained.
- Secure promptly all carry back items especially perishables to avoid loss and damage.
- Report suspicious activity to the security, front end manager or store manager and deal immediately with any matter that would jeopardize the safety and security of staff and customers.
- Contact immediately IT and Maintenance to handle equipment problems and system failures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience preferred
- Banking or Accounting background or certification is preferred.
- Proficient in Word & Excel.
- Excellent oral & written skills.
- Ability to operate a cash desk.
- Clear understanding of departmental budgets.
- Ability to multi task.
- Effective communicator, organizer, leadership qualities.
- Flexible and resilient, able to function in a demanding environment.
- Goal driven
Continuous standing, lifting and walking on tile floors. Constant interaction with customers in a quick serve environment.