Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa in Cayman Islands is hiring a Prep Cook on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
As a Prep Cook, you'll prep and set-up for meals in a timely and efficient manner. You'll provide guests with excellent food quality and consistency, in an attractive environment, and with professional service. You're hardworking and you love maintaining and building sound working relationships with your teammates.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Prepare food items using a quality predetermined method in a quick and consistent manner.
- Follow the prep list created by Chef.
- Practice sanitation and safety daily to ensure total customer happiness and to uphold food safety standards.
- Label and stock all ingredients and seasonings used with proper storage techniques.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash, etc.
- Know and comply consistently with standard portion size, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job description at times, as we all do.
What You Bring
- Food Handler Certification (if applicable)
- 1 year of experience in a related or supportive role is preferred.
- Prior culinary skills, prep cook experience, and strong knife skills.
- Time management and organizational ability required for high quality food production.
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision to complete assigned tasks.
- Knowledgeable of kitchen health and safety rules and able to multitask.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.