Courts - Unicomer Caribbean Holding Co. ltd. in Saint Lucia is hiring a Accountant on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Unicomer is a dynamic and fast-paced retail organization spanning 24 countries, with over 1000 stores and 16,000 talented and engaged retail professionals across Latin America, the Caribbean and USA. Unicomer Group is the owner of established brands within the Caribbean, including, Courts, Optical, Ready Finance, Radio Shack and Lucky Dollar.
- We are recruiting a qualified Accountant to lead the accounting and finance functions by providing financial information and advice to management and to efficiently manage the operations of the Finance department.
- The successful candidate will have key accountabilities as follows:
- Analyze financial trends and reports on costs, variances, productivity, margins, and company expenditures
- Monitor all financial data and prepares accurate statements/reports
- Prepare management accounts, annual budgets and forecasts, particularly the projection of expenses; conducts cost and revenue analyses
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Maintain accounting controls
- Review general payroll to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor and review company processes to ensure control procedures, and regulatory compliance
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Manage the implementation of recommendations made by external and internal auditors and as agreed by management
- Provide financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations
- Manage the year-end audit process
- Assist with the preparation of capital/investment appraisals
- Ensure compliance to statutory and contractual obligations
- Manage the performance of the Finance team ensuring the effective and efficient operations of the department.
Education and Experience:
- A degree in Accountancy or Finance, with an internationally recognized professional qualification.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.
- SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Sound commercial and business awareness
- Sound knowledge of accounting and other regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly analytical
- Highly organized and results-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to exercise initiative and use sound judgment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Customer service oriented and with a clear focus on quality service
- Sound decision making skills
- Passion for results and accountability
Please join us!
Send your completed Application and CV to ******@unicomer.com.