KPMG in Jamaica is hiring a Customer Service Officer (F&A) on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
KPMG Jamaica has a delivery center named “KPMG Jamaica Extended Support Services (KJESS)” operating from the Kingston office, which is contracted to provide back office support to its member firm KPMG United States (“the Client”).
The Client is setting up a new customer service center at KJESS to support its Dallas Accounting Service Center (DASC). The DASC supports KPMG Partners, employees, clients and third parties by responding to and resolving inquiries related to Finance & Accounting (F&A) processes including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Travel & Expense, Payroll, and other related processes.
Team members within the delivery center work with Client’s DASC employees under a team extension model to support Client’s back office operations.
The KJESS Customer Service (CS) Officer is responsible for delivering best-in-class customer service by handling customer inquiries and providing accurate responses to resolve issues using a variety of channels. The CS Officer will perform such tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure customer satisfaction and quality standards are met.
This position applies knowledge, independent judgment, and Client’s policies to complete moderate to complex customer service processes.
• Ensure customer inquiries are handled in a professional and timely manner and in accordance with established service levels (first call resolution, onshore escalation, etc.)
• Become knowledgeable of the processes supported by center
• Ensure timely resolution of customer service inquiries using the available channels (voice, email, chat, etc.)
• Escalate complex inquiries to KJESS process teams and CS Manager
• Research root cause for recurring issues and recommend mitigating solutions
• Support the quality control process and ensure that the processes are executed in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Openly communicate with CS Manager and team members, and provide status updates, escalations as needed
• Create a supportive and inclusive team where everyone is respected and valued
• Collaborate with other KJESS F&A teams to broaden process knowledge and enhance customer experience
• Assist with the preparation of ad hoc reports at the request of stakeholders
• Participate in calls with DASC team to discuss issues including quality, turnaround time, etc.
• Support the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives such as automation and process improvements
• Stay knowledgeable of industry trends and best practices
Professional qualification and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
• Two years of relevant work experience working in a customer service environment
• Experience working in an accounting or finance customer service environment (e.g. A/P, A/R, credit card transactions, US tax laws, etc.) is a plus
• Strong project management experience a plus
• Experience in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) required, including advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, charts, etc.
• Experience in ERP software (SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.) preferred
• Experience with ServiceNow platform a plus
• Ability to interpret and explain company policies
• Ability to independently manage more complex tasks and activities
• Ability to identify and resolve escalated issues within work scope
• Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment and provide insights to the DASC team
• Strong team player that supports more junior members and improves overall team performance
• Strong communication skills and interpersonal judgment
• Ability to communicate very effectively both orally and in writing
• Capable of being entrusted with “confidential” information
• Identifies opportunities to optimize processes and team performance
• Ability to be flexible with job duties and scope of work
• Ability to resolve escalated issues within work scope
• Asks questions to seek clarification and direction when needed
• Builds productive work relationships with peers and stakeholders
• Demonstrates self-confidence and awareness of actions
• Takes ownership and accountability for work quality and outcomes
• Takes the initiative to develop skills and competencies that will lead to personal advancement
• Ability to establish a “customer service” culture
• Ability to interact courteously with customers and ensure interactions are of a high quality of service
• Provide insights and recommendations to support continuous improvement initiative
We thank all interested applicants however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.