Ross University School of Medicine in Barbados is hiring a Specialist, E-Learning on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Opportunity at a Glance
Under general supervision, the position designs and develops e-learning materials. Serves as the curriculum development expert. Designs, writes, and produces the content of course modules and accompanying video scripts, audio scripts, on-screen text, animations, hard copy materials and documentation.
- Migrate current online course materials into the new delivery platform and train appropriate faculty in its use.
- Work with all faculty members in the continued development of the school’s e-Learning needs.
- Ensure that quality improvement is achieved within the school’s quality framework so that e-learning supplements are an improvement, not a detriment to current course delivery methods.
- Monitoring of usage and evaluate the effectiveness of existing e-Learning resources. (eLearning platforms, teleconferencing applications ( e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, Adobe Captivate) software, hardware and other infrastructure and human resources).
- Consult with business partners and subject matter experts to assess learning needs of the Clinical Skills Curriculum and to recommend sound solutions.
- Act as the school’s representative with appropriate external resources to ensure that Department of Clinical Foundations (DCF) faculty is informed of current developments relating to e-Learning technologies- Act as the school’s representative with appropriate external resources to ensure that precepting Faculty at partner clinical sites in the community is informed of current developments relating to e-Learning technologies
- Ensure appropriate standardization of content and compliance with, and implementation of, all school policies and procedures relevant to e-Learning.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives within DCF
- Liaise with the school’s technology team when needed for training and support in the development and delivery of e-Learning and use of immersive technology software and hardware
- Assess the needs of the e-Learning Initiative as it grows and make appropriate recommendations to the Director of IT for appropriate support needs eLearning platforms, software, hardware and other infrastructure and human resources
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Three to Five years of experience in higher educational course development; firm knowledge of media development and delivery platforms, indexing and search functions, design elements and principles.
- Strong knowledge and experience with design applications such as Adobe Suite, Macromedia applications, web page development applications, and MS Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of e-Learning resources. (eLearning platforms, teleconferencing applications ( e.g. Zoom, MS Teams< Adobe Captivate) software, hardware and other infrastructure
- Demonstrates strong analytic, written, and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrates a desire to participate in scholarly work in the Field of eLearning in Clinical Medical Education
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and to lead teams if necessary
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
With more than 14,000 alumni practicing throughout North America,Ross University School of Medicine has been providing students with the foundation to pursue successful careers in medicine since 1978. The Ross experience is “Dedita Scientiae Medendi” – dedicated to the science of healing – and we are proud of our rich tradition of preparing students for their life’s work as physicians. Students complete medical sciences coursework at our new world-class campus in Barbados, followed by clinical education in the United States at leading teaching hospitals across the country.
Ross is proud to fulfill a social mission by educating a diverse group of skilled doctors who practice primary care, work in medically underserved areas, and are more representative overall of the communities in which they serve.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them.