Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is hiring a Cash Receipting Associate on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The selected candidate will have responsibility to collect over-the-counter payments and assist with the processing of cheques received by mail (including foreign payments).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect over-the-counter payments for life insurance policies, mortgage and other miscellaneous payments.
- Update clients’ records with payments received.
- Identify anomalies associated with policies being credited as well as the payment of mortgage accounts and take steps to correct these accounts.
- Recommend policies for revival without forms (RWOF) within established Company guidelines once all outstanding premiums have been paid.
- Assist with the processing of cheques received by mail by:
- Searching policy records for names, policy numbers and other related information to ensure accurate allocation.
- Recording policy numbers on the back of cheques and updating policy records with payments.
- Preparing bank lodgements and batch reports for verification by the Supervisor.
- Balance the daily Batch Reports with receipts produced by:
- Preparing documents and cash/ cheques for submission to the Bank.
- Advising Supervisor of any shortage or excess payment collected.
- Clearly identifying and documenting the float and other amounts not lodged to the bank account, before cash pans are locked in the safe.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/ Specialized Skills/ Competencies:
- Certificate in Business Administration or related discipline from a recognized institution.
- LOMA – Parts 1 and 2, or other industry-related designation would be an asset.
- One (1) year working experience in the operations division of a life insurance company.
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures.
- Client-service oriented.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good human relations and time-management skills.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.