All Hands and Hearts in Bahamas is hiring a CONSTRUCTION SITE COORDINATOR on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and staff members live in communal environments. Strict controls will be maintained to promote health and safety at all times, however, there is potential for exposure to SARS-CoV-2 virus.
We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff, and volunteers, therefore we require all of our on-program staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. The term fully vaccinated refers to when an individual has received either the single-shot vaccine or both doses of the two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of natural disasters. The position is full-time and is responsible for managing the project workflow and ensuring the quality and safety of all work carried out.
To us, diversity is acknowledgment, promotion, and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities (or lack thereof), points of view, and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. Through our stance on diversity, we unite individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist—yet, it’s respect for humanity that drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
- Reports to Project Manager
- Roles reporting to position Site Supervisor, Site Supervisor trainee, Team Leaders
- The approximate number of reports 2-6
- Responsible for managing the construction site(s), ensuring efficiency, quality control and dividing the tasks among local workers and volunteers as necessary.
- Liaises with the Volunteer Relations Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator to manage workflow and ensure there are sufficient people to meet the demands of the work.
- In communication with the Project Manager, develops an agreed set of safety and quality standards and design site protocols,in accordance with All Hands And Hearts Safety Management System, to ensure these standards are maintained.
- Provides on-site technical support and guidance to Site Supervisor (SS) and Site Supervisor Trainees (SST). Supports Project Manager in implementing and mentoring SS and SST through their training program.
- Provides on-site technical support to Team Leaders and develops a training program to build capacity in Team Leaders.
- Develops weekly updated forecasts of project schedule based on progress, targets, and deliverables.
- Liaises with the Logistics Coordinator to manage workflow and ensure there are sufficient resources (materials, tools, equipment, subcontractors) to meet demands of the work.
- Maintains accurate tracking systems of work completed, current progress and the site deliveries.
- Supports the Project Manager in delivering weekly and monthly project reports to the Program Director.
- To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent. Education in Construction and Building Trades preferred.
- Related Experience Must have a minimum of 2-year professional construction experience. Experience managing logistics and/or in a development setting preferred. Previous international travel experience, preferably in developing countries.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Good written and oral communication skills and confidence working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. The applicant needs to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. Strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment. The familiarity of international humanitarian standards including Sphere and HAP.
- Work Environment/Conditions Communal living environment. High-stress situations.
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.