Digicel in Jamaica is hiring a Intercompany Analyst on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Primary objective of the job:
Prepare monthly reconciliations to verify that the balances recorded in the general ledger as intercompany receivables and payables are accurately recorded, and identify and resolve intercompany accounting disputes
- Ensure all Intercompany process activities are performed on time and with necessary quality
- Work with the Consolidations team to ensure Intercompany eliminations are processes accurately each period
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Processing Intercompany Transactions;
- Preparing and submitting monthly Intercompany journal entries ;
- Reconciling Intercompany Accounts;
- Investigating and resolving Intercompany variances;
- Assisting with Intercompany eliminations process;
- Verifying accuracy of Intercompany receivables and payables;
- Performing monthly and year end true ups of relevant Intercompany allocations.
Academic qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, or any other related field
- Two - Three (2-3) years relevant working experience
- Relevant experience intercompany experience
- Experience in Record-to-Report practices
- Proficiency in using ERP systems and MS products, such as Excel and Word
- Ability to interact with leadership, key stakeholders, employees and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Functional skills and abilities:
- Detail oriented and knowledgeable in the preparation of Intercompany Journal Entries
- Monitors and manages Intercompany Account & Reconciliations across entities
- Positive attitude good communication skills to be able to liaise with multiple Bus and entities for effective resolution of disputes
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.