ABS (Abel Building Solutions) in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Junior Technical Sales Engineer on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Perform duties assign to support Project Sales Engineers within the engineering department to develop request for quotation responses and delivery of the engineering aspects of the department with respect to each of the business lines. Namely, Elevator; Doka; A/C Commercial and Big Ass Fans products and services.
- To work within the engineering group, to aid support to Project Sales Engineers in implementation of processes and procedures to improve efficiency, hit rate on jobs quoted and increase commercial profitability.
- To be a brand ambassador for ABS Products and Services offered by the Technical Sales team.
- Projected Project Scheduling
- Cost estimation and tender preparation
- Ensure capital is managed as per KPI’s
- Contract and client management (including attending site meetings)
- Support management and implementation of sales strategy for Elevators; Doka; A/C Commercial and Doka
- Calculation and reporting of job profitability
- Adherence to Safety requirements/standards
- Equipment sales and services
- Value engineering base on cost, efficiency and application
- Active customer relations management. To consult with client/architects/engineers to ensure that design intentions are met and full customer satisfaction achieved as well as providing technical information or advice if required.
- To adhere to and implement ABS Technical Sales Division- Cost Management Procedures and Revenue Recognition.
- To provide support to Project Sales Engineers with cost estimation and tender preparation for all products and Services. Mark up on jobs must be within approved company guidelines or as approved by the Sector Technical Sales Manager. Terms of payment should be set to minimize risk to ABS and to ensure minimal levels of financing.
- To conduct site visits, attain measurements, review design drawings and provide suitable product solution for clients. To be able to understand design drawings and gain knowledge of execution requirements and scheduling for each application.
- To consistently liaise with all dealers and any potential leads for sale of Elevator products. Assist management and of the Elevator; Doka; A/C Commercial and Big Ass Fans pipeline to be done.
- To efficiently execute any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Participate in the development of and perform all duties in accordance with the procedures set forth in ISO 9001: 2000 standards and the Company’s Quality manual and OSHA standards.
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a safety culture within the company.
Degree/Diploma and major if applicable:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Technical education in the areas of Construction Technology
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
- Software relating to civil calculations and formwork technology AUTO CAD Or equivalent combination of qualifications and work experience
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
- Do you have technical education in the areas of Construction Technology?
- Do you have Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project?