The University of the West Indies in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Lecturer in Medical Physics on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess a PhD, which should be in Physics, Applied Physics or a closely related field.
Candidates should also possess:
- At least five (5) high-quality, peer-reviewed publications in international journals in the area of Medical Physics within the last five (5) years
- At least two (2) years’ teaching experience at university level in the areas of General Physics or Medical Physics
- Evidence of experimental/computational competency in the area of Medical Physics.
Candidates with the following would have an advantage:
- Postdoctoral/Clinical/Industrial experience in the area of Medical Physics
- Evidence of successful research grant application and completion of grant project in the area of Medical Physics
- Evidence of cross-disciplinary research in the area of Medical Physics.
The following would be considered assets:
- Degree in Education, certificate in university teaching and learning or equivalent
- Successful supervision of post-graduate students at the MSc, MPhil or PhD levels
- Evidence of development or management of teaching labs.
- Teaching in general areas of the undergraduate Physics curriculum.
- Teaching and coordinating MSc programmes.
- Establishing independent research interests and maintaining research output and collaborations.
- Mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate research students and participating in academic advising.
- Participating in curriculum development
- Providing Department, Faculty, University and professional service.
- Applying for grants and developing an externally-funded research programme.
The Department places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential.
Candidates should also:
- Be able to demonstrate good leadership skills, innovation, commitment and enthusiasm
- Be able to interact positively with support and academic staff within the Department and the University as well as interface with relevant industry
- Be committed to ongoing professional development.
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e mail: *****@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated.
Application forms may be obtained at Application Form. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their signed references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address (Application Procedure) without waiting to be contacted by the University.