World Concern in Haiti is hiring a Haiti Program Coordinator on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
WORLD CONCERN VISION
A world transformed from poverty to the abundance of life.
WORLD CONCERN MISSION STATEMENT
World Concern partners to transform the lives of poor and marginalized people through disaster response and sustainable community development. The love of Christ compels us to pursue reconciliation and equip those we serve so that they may in turn share with others.
World Concern is a US-based Christian global disaster response and sustainable community development agency. The love of Jesus Christ compels us to join Him in spiritual reconciliation and physical transformation by expressing a culture that is boldly focused on Christ and extending opportunities to people facing the most profound human challenges of extreme poverty. We serve over 6 million people in 15 countries, focusing on clean water and health, child protection, disaster response, economic empowerment, and spiritual transformation.
The Program Coordinator will have the overall responsibility for managing U.S. Government grant program activity planning and implementation, program personnel, stakeholders, sub-grantees and sub-contractors in Haiti. You will oversee monitoring & evaluation (M&E) efforts, commodities, and financial decisions. You will also be responsible for ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program.
This position and program works within the overall World Concern Haiti country program, though it is a distinct, focused, humanitarian response. As such, its impact on the overall standing and credibility of the country program must be considered at all times, and this position must safeguard that relationship to all stakeholders. This position shall work in close cooperation with the Director of Disaster & Strategic Initiatives as necessary to ensure a high technical quality in project delivery.
(General overview and may not include all details of responsibilities)
- Provide strong and clear leadership in articulating and championing World Concern’s Transformational Development ethos in the lives of staff, partners, and beneficiaries.
- Provide operational management and guidance to the NABuRRS project staff and partners.
- Implement humanitarian program for disaster resilience and shelter repair in coordination with sub-grantee, EMI.
- Identify NABuRRS project staff’ performance objectives and lead the project managers in implementation of their projects through regular meetings, coaching, and a strong reporting structure.
- Help to establish and maintain active relationships with all stakeholders in the project activities, including sub-grantees, local authorities, donors, and community members.
- Manage project data and share with relevant parties, according to data protection guidelines
- Ensure compliance with programming, financial, administrative, and ethics regulations of World Concern, local law, and BHA cooperative agreement and grant requirements.
- Ensure the transparent use of, and accountability for all resources, including financial management.
- Assure strict budget management and adherence to agreed activity timeliness, and outputs to ensure proper accountability to donors and effective project implementation.
- Regularly visit project sites to ensure activities are well implemented and staff are supported.
- Prepare and manage all NABuRRS project related documents, primarily the Biannual and Monthly Reports, update implementation plans, MEAL frameworks, and other project documents.
- Coordinate with EMI to ensure their deliverables; submit all reporting documents to WC Seattle for review and approval.
- Ensure high quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and World Concern requirements, with support from the relevant program and finance staff within World Concern and implementing partner organizations.
- Ensure NABuRRS program staff regular reporting and workflow schedules are sufficient to meet the needs of the NABuRRS project and ensure that all roles/responsibilities/deadlines for each report are clear to all relevant staff and partners contributing to the report.
- Evaluate WC national employees and identify training needs and opportunities.
- Coordinate efforts with the project’s BHA Agreement Officer Representative at country level.
- Lead Haiti team in project areas, including as security focal point and financial authority.
- Represent World Concern Haiti in coordination and BHA meetings.
- Represent World Concern in DGPC meetings as well as other GoH entities
- Represent World Concern in coordination meeting with relevant clusters at the national level
- Coordinate logistics for EMI volunteers.
- Build capacity of Haiti staff for networking and program development.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the program interventions on the targeted population.
- Support WC Haiti leadership in staff development.
- Infuse WC Haiti culture into humanitarian team.
- Provide trainings relevant to your experience for the WC Haiti staff, as requested by WC Haiti.
- Advise the Country Representative on matters relating to disaster preparedness.
- Ensure appropriate staff care and working environment.
- Support the development and revision of operating procedures relevant to your experience for the WC Haiti office.
- Supervise 4 Project Managers, 1 Program Assistant, 1 MEAL Manager and 1 Senior Engineer; develop and maintain appropriate objectives, strategies, standards and work flow, evaluate performance and recommend termination.
- Ensure staff are equipped to perform their roles and responsibilities with accuracy and professionalism.
- Provide support in trouble-shooting situations, regarding day-to-day operations and training as needed. Personal conduct that reflects well on CRISTA Ministries and World Concern and supports our personal conduct policy
- Perform all duties consistent with the CRISTA Ministries and World Concern Mission Statements
- Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
- Lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles.
- Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Doctrinal Statement.
- Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience implementing and/or supporting multi-sectoral humanitarian programming in developing countries, including neighborhood-level coordination and interagency coordination experience.
- Demonstrated experience in reporting, monitoring and evaluation, statistical analysis, project cycle management, and financial management.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to relate well and with authenticity to a diverse range of people.
- Understanding of humanitarian code of conduct, cluster coordination and quality standards a must, with an ability to apply principles of best practice into practical programs in the field in diverse settings.
- Experience living in Haiti or in a majority world context.
- Experience with and knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations CFR 200
- Knowledge of and ability to assess and mitigate safety and security risks; experience in developing contingency and mission continuity plans.
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Web-based file sharing
- Sat phones
- Fluency in English and French as well Haitian Creole
- Accommodation in Port au Prince is adequate, but small and urban.
- This position is national, all local tax is applicable.
- Post-graduate education in a relevant topic.
- Knowledge of BHA disaster preparedness preferred.
- Experience with biometric registration, database management, humanitarian site development preferred.
- Experience implementing programs in Settlements and Shelters, WASH, and Risk Management Policy and Planning preferred.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
- Kobo collect, ODK, SSPS, InfoPath, SharePoint
How to apply
Applicants can send their application (CV, diploma and / or certificates, Cover letter, Work certificate or attestation) to the following email address: *****@worldconcern.org.
Note. Only candidates who meet the required profile will be contacted for next step of the process.
Please remember to add the job title in the mail's subject.