Sandals Resorts International in Saint Lucia is hiring a Laundry Truck Driver on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
We are looking for an experienced and dependable Truck Driver to join our team. You will safely and efficiently drive a large commercial vehicle long distances for extended hours to deliver laundry. Our ideal candidate has a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and has previous training in operating and driving. You will also be responsible for receiving cargo, parking in appropriate docks, documenting schedules and inventory delivery confirmation.
- Specific Requirements/Duties of the Position Include:
- Physically fit and able to sit for long time periods and also capable of loading and off-loading cargo.
- Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator able to work night, weekends,
- extended hours and holidays as needed.
- Carry out all tasks assigned to you diligently and safely, bearing in mind all resort policies and procedures.
- Before starting the unit you are to check the engine to ensure all the components are in the correct
- proportions (engine oil, coolant / water, brake fluid, etc.). All strange sounds emanating from the unit whilst in your possession should be investigated and reported to your manager / supervisor so the matter can be professionally attended to.
- The units are not to be used for purposes other than those specified by the Resort. Ensure that at the end of your shift (where applicable) the unit you are assigned to is be parked on the property (or otherwise dictated by your manager / supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-3 years driving Commercial / Heavy Duty vehicles in a similar capacity.
- Valid and current Driver’s License also endorsed for Commercial / Heavy Duty Vehicles.
- Must have a clean driving record with no recent or pending traffic violations.
If successful, a clean police record will be required. Interested persons should submit their application with resume/curriculum vitae, via email to:
The Recruitment and Compliance Specialist
Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
NB: Please enter “Laundry Truck Driver” in the subject field in the email for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only short listed candidates will be contacted.