St. George’s University in Grenada is hiring a SOM - Instructor, Health Policy and Management, Department of Public Health & Preventive Medicine on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine (DPHPM), an accredited Council of Education in Public Health (CEPH) program, invites applicants with expertise in Health Policy and Management for a full-time Instructor faculty position.
- Deliver lectures to graduate students in the following: Health Policy and Management, and Leadership and Decision Making
- Deliver lectures on Health Systems to medical students
- Engage in course directorship, lecture planning, preparation and delivery
- Develop course material that can be used across a number of platforms
- Actively engage graduate students using creative and innovative strategies via a dual delivery platform
- Review and assess students work while providing constructive feedback for personal growth and development of student.
- Use appropriate assessment tools.
- Be familiar with program policies and procedures
- Advise students on all matters related to the program and its completion.
- Maintain student academic records.
- Provide guidance and work closely with students on their Capstone Integrated Learning Experience (CILE) projects/papers.
- Collaboratively design and build competency-based assignments with faculty to support the development of the track and program.
- Identify needs and develop resources and initiatives to enhance student performance.
- Work on special projects and tasks as assigned by the HP&A Track Director or by the DPHPM Chair
- Participate in professional development activities that contribute to professional learning.
- Engage in research and service activities for personal growth and development.
- Actively participate in departmental committees
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong commitment to student development.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new technology.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with developing competency-based assessments.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and work independently.
- Work with faculty, staff, and students in a congenial and professional manner and maintain confidentiality.
- Cognizant of his/her/their role in projecting a positive image of SGU and DPHPM.
- Committed to ongoing professional development.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The position is a 10-month annually renewable appointment, paid over 12 months. The schedule is determined in collaboration with the Chair, Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine. The Instructor becomes an integral member of the Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine and is expected to contribute proactively to the departmental mission and vision.
If you have any questions email Dr. Christine Richards at [email protected]
- A doctoral degree in Public Health with a specialization in Health Policy and Management or Health Policy and Administration or MD and MPH degrees with a specialization in Health Policy or Health Administration
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience teaching in higher education
- Experience advising students on research
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a full time position in the Caribbean island of Grenada.
- To ensure full consideration, complete application materials including CV, Cover Letter and names and email address of three references must be submitted.
- Salary is competitive and paid in US dollars.
- Teaching philosophy/teaching portfolio
- Review of applicants will be ongoing until the position is filled.
St. George's University (SGU) is a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has helped change lives through its more than 21,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world.