University of Medicine and Health Sciences in Saint Kitts and Nevis is hiring a Director, Accelerated Review Program on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The ARP is designed for students who are driven to become successful physicians but need additional academic and study skills support to ensure their success in medical school. ARP provides students with the sound academic foundation and tools necessary to excel. The 14-weeks program exposes students to virtually every Basic Science course and faculty member. Classes are small, and students receive a tremendous amount of personalized attention and support. Students who pass ARP gain admission to the UMHS MD program.
The University of Medicine and Health Sciences is a medical school committed to preparing doctors to practice medicine throughout the United States, Canada, and the world. Located in Basseterre, St. Kitts, UMHS was founded in 2007 by Dr. Robert Ross. The hallmarks of a UMHS education are personalized attention, a rigorous curriculum, and unparalleled support from credentialed and caring Faculty in small classes. Thanks to the institution's robust test preparation program and vast connections to top teaching hospitals, UMHS students excel on licensing exams and regularly obtain premier residency placements.
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
This position reports to the Dean of Basic Sciences, carries out all duties and responsibilities necessary for directing the Accelerated Review Program and serves as Assistant Professor of Medical Education.
- Scheduling and coordinating program orientation, lectures, exams, and events.
- Faculty assignment, supervision, and evaluation in collaboration with Department Heads and the Dean of Basic Sciences.
- Teaching Assistant selection, evaluation, and supervision in cooperation with the Faculty and Dean of Students.
- Responsible for administering the program's Learning Management System (LMS).
- Creating, reviewing, posting, proctoring, and grading all program exams using secure assessment software.
- Providing academic counseling and reviewing exams with students.
- Managing the grade book and reporting final grades to the Registrar's Office.
- Report faculty working hours and compensation.
- Creating Reports for Admissions and the New York Office at the end of each semester.
- Supervise and collaborate with an Administrative Assistant.
- Teaching for one or two program modules, according to the area of expertise.
- Assist teaching in the medical program as requested by the Dean of Basic Sciences.
- Class instruction, production of the course syllabi, providing exam questions, and proctoring exams.
- Professors are required to serve on one or more of the University standing committees and must attend all University meetings
- The Faculty is encouraged to engage in professional development, including potential publications, research, continuing education, and University/community development.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- M.D., D.O., or Ph.D. in Medical Sciences, Medical Education, or related field.
- All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Professional Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of teaching and academic advising experience, ideally to medical or health sciences students, including online education using Zoom and similar platforms.
- 3+ years of program administration experience (course planning, assessment, scheduling, student services and counseling, faculty supervision, and evaluation).
- Tech Savvy (Managing and editing an online learning management system, strong in MS Excel, and experience with secure assessment software).
- High level of communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong intercultural awareness and interpersonal relations.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish. (desired but not required)
Interested persons should send a cover letter of interest and attach a current resume to: *****@umhs-sk.net and copy this to [email protected]