Sandy Lane Yacht Club & Residences in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is hiring a Chef De Partie on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef & Sous Chef
POSITION OVERVIEW & SCOPE: The Chef de Partie (CDP) shall work on a variety of stations in a high volume kitchen environment. He / She is responsible for creating an exceptional culinary experience for the guests through preparation, cooking and food presentation.
- Work in the designated station asset by Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- Able to organize the assigned work area and efficiently put away orders.
- Able to prepare food within recommended time frames to meet Guest expectations.
- Able to operate kitchen equipment like braising pan, baking ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
- Able to produce quality product in a timely and efficient manner for the guests or staff.
- Responsible to maintain cleanliness, sanitation at the assigned work area.
- Responsible for preparing and cooking all food items by the recipe and to specification.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Prepare all menu items by strictly following recipes and yield guide.
- Cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist. Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your specialty
- Manage and train any demi-chef de parties or commis working alongside you
- Assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensure you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Prepare,season, and cook a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes and other food items.
- Slice, grind and cook meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits, vegetables and also able to weigh, measure and mix ingredients on correct proportions.
- Have general knowledge of cooking temperatures, making soups &sauces, preparing entrees, vegetable preparation and a la carte cooking.
- Set-up the station with par stocks of menu items, and prepare the dishes designated for that station.
- Check supplies and prep lists and ensure all items are prepped in a timely fashion.
- Replenish service lines as needed and restock and prepare the workstation for the next shift.
- Ensure that all products are stored properly, in the correct location, at the appropriate levels at all times
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods and report any incidents to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Serve food in proper portions onto correct serving vessels and plates
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, workstations, tables, tools, knives and other equipment.
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the sous chef before leaving.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with speed and quality.
- Great personal hygiene and grooming standards.
- Should be able to communicate, read and write clearly and effectively.
- Must have successfully completed Secondary or High School as evidenced by relevant certificate
- Culinary training as evidence by a diploma is required.
- Basic computer skills and familiar with inventory systems
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a high volume kitchen or full-service hotel
- Full of integrity
- Personally warm, open and collegial
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Competitive salary and benefits will be offered based on qualifications and experience
Please email applications to: *****@slycr.com