Digicel in Saint Lucia is hiring a Group Head of Channel Development on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of 8 apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Primary objective of the job:
Responsible for planning and developing the Digicel Group consumer sales channels policies, objectives and initiatives to ensure sales growth and operational excellence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop sales strategies and set guidelines to be implemented across Digicel markets to achieve retail world-class standards.
- Define and implement the sales channel operational playbook, to ensure sales growth and sales team development across all Digicel markets.
- Identify, prioritize and to initiate key projects and work stream that are critical to secure sales growth across Digicel footprint.
- Develop, service, and grow relationships with channel partners.
- Ensures partner compliance with established agreements (SLA’s, KPI’s etc)
- To effectively support, monitor, review market retail channels playbook execution and meet global business consumer sales objectives (Prepaid activation, postpaid activations, Devices Sales, bundle/plan sales).
- Monitor regional sales and operational KPIs.
- To effectively provide relevant consumer insight derived from market performance and assessment (Subscriber needs/wants, Competitive landscape).
- To define and drive the retail training and development strategy of the sales team on product, sales techniques, operational efficiency, and service knowledge to ensure channel and team development
- To work closely with external/internal stakeholder to ensure execution of all central-led initiatives that involve sales channels.
- Preparation of executive presentations and reports to inform status of projects
- Preparation of business cases to justify viability of consumer sales related projects.
Academic qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related fields. MBA/MBI is advantageous.
- A highly effective and motivated commercial manager with at least 5 years of experience in retail sales, product and commercial management.
- Proven experience in commercial management for Telco’s is advantageous.
- Strong experience of proposition development from ideation to sales & campaigns launch – multi market experience advantageous.
- Commercially astute, able to convert analysis to category objectives and performance measures, experience of pricing dynamics and highly proficient with data manipulation.
- Commercial finance experience.
- Change management experience.
- Go to market planning and execution experience,
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.