Kempinski Hotels in Dominica is hiring a Groups & Events Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The incumbent in this position is responsible for comprehensive consultation and mentoring of the Group & Event organiser under consideration of the client’s detailed needs & expectations with the goal to ensure optimal utilisation and selling of the hotel’s conference & sleeping rooms and revenue maximisation in compliance with Kempinski standards.
- Direct receipt, qualification and coordination of event & group requests (incl. leads, RFPs, etc.) defined by their direct supervisor.
- Handle requests according to the relevant standards within a maximum of 5 (business) hours of its receipt.
- Apply the Kempinski MICE SOP’s from group enquiry to contracting.
- Ensure the ideal and most effective utilisation of the meeting and conference rooms.
- Carry out site inspections with potential MICE clients in coordination with the Field Sales department.
- Realise up sell possibilities to meet and surpass Group & Event budget goals.
- Thoroughly input, supervise and maintain the requests in the Opera S&C System according to the data input standards.
- Create activities to ensure ongoing maintenance of bookings.
- Generate proper proposals and contracts.
- Follow up on sent out proposals within 24 hours (1 working day) to ensure the client has received the information and to clarify possible questions and issues.
- Handle the enquiries until conversion to definite bookings including negotiation, contracting, and site inspection before handing over to the Event Manager (or to the Group & Event Coordinator).
- Ensure a proper handover of the converted business to the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator with all relevant information forwarded.
- Introduction of the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator to the client.
- Conduct exit interview with important customer after their event – asking for future business.
- Cross-sell to other hotels within the Kempinski Group (and GHA).
- Conduct regular competition checks.
- Review monthly results and forecasts to recommend and execute activities required to ensure the hotel increases the market share and maximises its revenue.
- Proper maintenance of LOS/CAN and UNC business.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Eligible for a working permit in country of hire
- Willingness to relocate to Portsmouth, Dominica
- CARICOM Experience is preferred
- College Degree in Hospitality required, University or Hotel School education preferred.
- Previous experience in Groups & Events management, Reservations or Sales preferred
- Previous experience of minimum three (3) years in luxury hotels is required
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
- Be proactive in achieving Event & Group revenue goals
- Relevant experience in Event & Group management. Hotel Operations experience a plus
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think out-side of the box”
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of Groups & Events:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!