SunSwept Resorts in Saint Lucia is hiring a Financial Controller on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
We are seeking a results-driven Financial Controller to manage and improve our Resort's financial performance and direct our accounting operations. Duties for the Financial Controller will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring the accuracy of financial information.
Ideally the incumbent should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills. The noteworthy Financial Controller should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
*Attractive Compensation Package * Housing *Great Incentive Program and Other Dynamic Benefits!
- Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CMA and or MBA preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience in accounting/finance related managerial position.
- Five years including general accounting, financial analysis and audit field.
- Budgeting, forecasting and reporting experience.
- Ability to understand accounting cycle and perform various and complex financial analyses
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Leadership, motivation, adaptability and initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analyze complex accounting and budget situations
- Solve a variety of issues, such as budget variances, processes improvement, as well as problem solving related with programs and systems used in the Planning area.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills and independent judgment
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficient PC & MS Office skills; Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills