State Street in Cayman Islands is hiring a Transfer Agency Manager - AVP on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Who we are looking for
Responsibilities include team leadership, , client management, AML/Compliance team interaction and responsibility to ensure that the Investor Services (IS) operational teams seamlessly implement all procedures. Role will be the oversight and escalation point for these teams.
This role is expected to focus on the changing regulatory environment and assess its impact on the Investor Services/AML Department and Processes.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As AVP, Transfer Agency you will
- Oversee the team’s interaction with the Investor Services/AML group overall and other departments.
- Exercise operational oversight within the team and make sound operational decisions. Leadership with a hands on detailed approach expected.
- Provide leadership and support to the department managers necessary for ensuring their teams are organized & working as efficiently & controlled as possible.
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual operational and managerial problems including Compliance/AML.
- Represent Investor Services /AML at broader client service meetings, sales presentations or internal cross team meetings as required.
- Develop a working relationship with each client including regular contact and service calls.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the team
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work long hours and be available to travel on a regular basis with minimal notice
- Excellent people management, team development and leadership skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience
- A strong understanding of Anti Money Laundering Regulation and the Regulatory background to Funds Industry, including Cayman, US, European and Asian regimes.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Funds industry, including Hedge Funds and Private Markets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems, including Microsoft Office applications, is required
- Attention to detail and concern for quality
- Comprehensive knowledge of State Street internal systems (ISS) an advantage
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.