Giftland Officemax in Guyana is hiring a Cashier on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The position shall cover the following areas:
Maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards and also for processing sales quickly and cash register operations efficiently, and safeguarding Company assets and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- At least five (5) subjects CXC, inclusive of Grades 1 to 3 in Mathematics, English and Accounts.
Experience: At least six (6) months to one (1) year experience as a cashier
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Communicate with customers through the cashier script.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently enter purchases into cash register as they ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and other forms of payment at the registers.
- Count money, give change and issue receipt for merchandise and services received.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Keep register area neat and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Assist in the training of new cashiers.
- Assist customers in locating specific items.
- Balance cash drawer and receipt and document discrepancies.
- Assist in other areas of store, shelf-stocking, or keeping merchandise displayed in an orderly manner.
- Return all items on counter at the end of each day.
- Assist when unoccupied in getting change for another cashier.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Interested applicants can send applications to :
The Human Resources Manager