Digicel in Jamaica is hiring a General Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of 8 apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Primary objective of the job:
- Responsible for sales growth, retention & profitability levels from all existing and prospective Digicel channels across the Jamaica market.
- Responsible for all activations, management, revenue, EBITDA, distribution, sales and service targets.
- Shares with CEO and SMT the total company revenue targets, leadership and vision challenges of the organization.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the CEO and SMT, formulate annual and monthly sales revenue and expenditure plans and budgets - managing & monitoring and adjusting for variances as required
- Maintain full responsibility for Mobile and Digicel + revenue through working closely with all supply partners and sales teams, consistently maximising selling opportunities through all available channels
- Identify and proactively develop business opportunities within the various channels for business growth
- Formulate, agree & ensure achievement of company sales & profit objectives within each channel through the management of the Mobile and Digicel + channels
- Review sales and distribution performance by supply partner & channel type
- Ensure the development and delivery of effective channel specific sales is achieved and collaborate with marketing and commercial on promotional strategies
- Lead, develop & motivate teams to achieve pre-agreed new business, retention & category service revenue levels
- Maximise sales through all existing and prospective consumer and business channels optimising visibility and sales for the Digicel brand in terms of new connections and upgrades
- Collaborate with the Commercial and Marketing team to ensure the optimal communication of Digicel’s consumer & business capabilities to the business markets is maintained
- Assist with driving company Data activations and revenue targets through consumer and business channels
- Ensure adoption and usage of all sales and distribution/Digicel + systems is completed
- Maintain Retail Audit scores above group specified minimum
- Ensure a high-degree of customer-intimacy through regular meetings and contacts with customers which complement the work of the account management team
- Cooperate with the Marketing team to take advantage of consumer insights and market analysis to drive revenue growth
- Ensure all reporting schedules including daily and weekly activity reports, board reports and presentations are met
- Coordinate training and coaching, along with one on ones sessions, where and when required and in line with group specified minimum targets
- Restructure Sales team to meet the business targets and goals
- Fulfill DPR, EOS and HR related duties
Academic qualifications and experience required:
- 10+ years’ experience leading retail operations within a world class customer centric organisation
- Primary Degree + Professional Qualifications
- Strong experience leading negotiations with retail partners and suppliers, driving procurement excellence
- Strong experience managing a variety of partner models across retail operations
- Proven track record of delighting customers through the creation of award winning Customer Experience journeys
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.