Flow in Barbados is hiring a Unix Systems Engineer on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
What’s The Role
The Unix Systems Engineer supports crucial business servers across LLA’s internal corporate services, Mobile (Prepaid + Postpaid) and Fixed services platforms. This resource will drive operational initiatives to reduce cost of IT operations, while increasing availability and improving quality, and NPS.
What You´ll Do
- Maintain server Operating Systems and environments in a manner that is compliant with established policies and SLAs.
- Establish baseline images for systems to ensure consistency in server configuration and deployments.
- Development of standards, processes and monitoring strategies for the performance of systems/processes required for reliable and consistent service delivery to consumers of the systems.
- Develop, maintain, and operate disaster recovery systems & regular backup jobs for systems with restorations for incidents or periodic testing.
- Manage and monitor system resources, usage, system logs, message queues, active jobs and outputs, for normal and error message and to detect error codes and conditions.
- Contribute to the DevOps thrust by providing tangible suggestions capable of advancing automation of outdated manual processes.
- Provide day-to-day 24x7 support across IT as 2nd & 3rd level support for IT System Administration.
- Provide support to the compliance team in the timely completion of audit requests.
- Support migration initiatives for the relocation of compute resources and operating systems.
- Work closely with problem managers/service managers to ensure follow up RCA’s.
- Drive Operational initiatives.
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Graduate level (Bachelors or higher) degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or the equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- IBM Certifications:
- IBM Certified System Administrator – AIX.
- Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning.
- PowerHA SystemMirror 7 Planning, Implementation, Customization and Basic Administration.
- Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator Certification.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of IT and business/industry experience ideally operating in multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects.
- Systems administration of the following server operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Redhat Enterprise Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, and OpenVMS.
- Operating in the following soft partitioned environments: VMWare, HyperV, LDOMs, LPARs, Docker.
- Management of devices across on-premise to hybrid cloud environments such as GCP and AWS.
- The use of policy enforcement and compliance reporting tooling.
- The use of deployment, orchestration, and automation tooling.
- Backup and restoration job management using enterprise backup platforms, Veeam, NetBackup, Zerto and Commvault.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, vLANs, Firewalls, routing and switching.
- Exposure to and/or knowledge of security controls and auditing frameworks such as SOX, COSO, SSAE-18.
- Functional knowledge of Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.