Digicel in Jamaica is hiring a Senior Data Specialist on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of 8 apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
The Senior Data Specialist is responsible for maintaining a high level of integrity of all reporting data being collected, stored and manipulated for Business Reporting and Decision-making. This includes:
- Timeliness of availability
Maintenance and Support
- Perform daily maintenance tasks and routine data checks on the various data interfaces.
- Ensure data reconciles with various source systems
- Ensure issues are communicated and resolved.
- Liaise with technical teams on new / changes to feeds and issue resolution, minimizing business impact
- Address trouble tickets from the help desk as they arise within agreed SLA
- Ensure all tickets contain accurate categories / updates / wrap codes and resolutions.
- Generate Unix Shell scripts and PL/SQL for ETL loading into Data Warehouse.
- Provide assistance to Reporting analysts on optimization and increased efficiency
- Develops and implements efficient data extraction routines for the delivery of data.
- Optimizes the data environment in order to efficiently access enterprise data- manipulation – creating and managing indexes /partitions etc
DBA and System Administrator Support
- Advises and consults with systems administrators and DBA on data issues such as access and storage.
- Creates data models to support data warehousing informational needs.
- Assists and works closely with DBA for logical database design.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
BSc. Computer Science/Information Technology and/or Oracle DBA/PL-SQL Certification
Strong working knowledge with at least 2 years experience in
- SQL and PL/SQL
- Oracle 10g and 11g, 12c databases
- Knowledge of UNIX Systems and shell scripting.
- Core database concepts:
- Database design
- Design and Understand Data Flow and Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Basic Data Warehousing concepts and methodologies
- Datawarehousing on Cloud Technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud technologies
Knowledge and Understanding of:
- Data warehousing and data modeling techniques within Oracle environments.
- Extract, Transformation, and Load (ETL) tools.
Candidate must have:
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to work in a team and on projects at various levels within organization
LANGUAGE SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY:
- Knowledge of a second language (Spanish, French, etc) would be considered a valuable asset.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.