Grand Bahama Power Company in Bahamas is hiring a CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY (ENERGY) on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Summary/Position Overview:Position Overview:
The Confidential Secretary will be responsible for the efficient operation of the team to which they are assigned and performs a variety of administrative and support duties including maintaining the department’s databases and files, organizing, and scheduling meetings, drafting written communication, and acting as a liaison on behalf of the team. This includes but is not limited to, data entry, the compilation of reports and records management.
Duties and Tasks:Duties and Tasks:
Maintain health, safety and environment standards by:
- Ensuring compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all environmental and health standards, and
- Completing all required HSE training.
Provide Administration Support by:
- Effectively recording and reporting information and maintaining the department’s database system and files.
- Drafting and editing correspondence and other documentation on a routine basis.
- Completing monthly and year-end reports.
- Exercising initiative and judgment to help resolve frequent and complex administrative situations.
- Screening and prioritizing calls and mail..
- Conducting research as required.
- Screening and resolving issues of a routine nature on behalf of the executive, apprising them appropriately, and
- Making appropriate recommendations on issues.
Support operational efficiencies by:
- Acting as primary contact for the department.
- Scheduling, coordinating and attending meetings; preparing agendas, taking minutes, and following up as required.
- Assisting with projects and planned events.
- Preparing purchase requisitions.
- Entering daily/weekly/monthly time for the department’s employees in the payroll database.
- Providing basic administrative assistance to the department’s supervisors and managers.
- Responding to requests and inquiries from customers, and
- Completing all annual required training.
Contribute to team effort by assisting with projects and planned events and accomplishing related results as needed.
The Confidential Secretary will have an earned high school diploma; college degree or equivalent certification preferred. An experienced professional with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an executive office. They will be highly confidential in nature, well organized, accurate, and attentive to detail. They will be competent in computer applications including Publisher, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Desktop Publishing, Microsoft Access, and Power Point.
The Confidential Secretary will be effective in communication, verbal and written, they will be willing to assist and support others, with promptness and courtesy. They will be a team player who works harmoniously and effectively with others.
- An experienced professional with a minimum of three (3) years' in an executive office
- Highly confidential in nature, well organized, accurate, and attentive to detail
- Competent in computer applications including Publisher, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,Desktop Publishing, Microsoft Access and Power Point.
- Effective in communication, verbal and written
- Willingness to assist and support others, with promptness and courtesy,
- Team player who works harmoniously and effectively with others