Amentum in Bahamas is hiring a Public Works and Facility Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Must currently work on the existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission support program provides operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas. Come join the team that’s supporting America’s Navy!
Amentum is seeking a Public Works and Facility Manager in Andros Island, Bahamas to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of functions as you support AUTEC. As a member of the team you will:
- Determine schedules, sequences and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, type of utility services and skill of personnel.
- Monitor work locations in order to detect unsafe work conditions and implement process improvements.
- Monitor employee work levels and review work performance in terms of quality, productivity and customer satisfaction; mentor employees; and train local nationals.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration, coordinating purchasing and documentation, and monitoring departmental expenditures.Interpret work orders and associated specifications, operating manuals/procedures and technical publications in order to properly schedule work and provide advice to workers.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in utilities operational procedures; repair and maintenance techniques; and equipment use.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in facilities or utilities management.
- Valid passport and Driver’s license required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- Current Secret security clearance preferred.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.