PAE in Bahamas is hiring a Second Mate on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments. AUTEC is located on Andros island Bahamas.
The Second Mate is responsible for the operating vessel's under the direction of the ships Captain while supervising the crew and plans in-port work assignments. The Second Mate is also responsible for administrative functions including ordering supplies, obtaining proper paperwork for customs clearance for international travel and maintains navigational equipment on the AUTEC Project.
- Operates vessel under direction of ships Captain.
- Stands navigational bridge watches.
- Supervises crew and plans in-port work assignments.
- Administers ships administrative functions including ordering supplies, obtaining proper paperwork for customs clearance for international voyages.
- Conducts drills under direction of the Captain.
- Operates deck machinery as required.
- Coordinates ship services such as stevedoring, heavy lift services.
- Insures required test equipment is aboard and serviceable to support range test operations.
- Maintains navigational equipment up to date and serviceable, including chart corrections.
- Cross trains and certifies to operate smaller vessels such as rendezvous and logistics craft as needed.
- Marlinspike seamanship, Navigation to include piloting, DR, and electronic navigation.
- General deck knowledge required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a Maritime Training or Seamanship school preferred.
- Five (5) years Marine experience.
- Good working knowledge of Marlinspike Seamanship
- Must meet physical examination requirements of BUMED Inst. 6270.7 series and OCD (RS) 22 05 1 for occupational exposure to OTTO Fuel II.
- Knowledge of life raft equipment and operation.
- STCW, Firefighting, preferred.
- Ability to swim.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift at least 50 lbs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License and passport will be required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.