Ramps Logistics Ltd. in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Research Specialist on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO:
Manager – New Initiatives
Manager – New Initiatives
OVERSEEING ELT MEMBER
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
- MBA will be considered an asset.
- Experience in the medical industry will be considered an asset.
- HSSEQ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements.
- Observe all health and safety rules and regulations.
- Stop all work if any unsafe conditions exist or unsafe practices are observed.
- Report any unsafe conditions or practices to your Supervisors.
- Understand how to perform jobs assigned in accordance with operating procedures and/or work instructions.
- Do not undertake any job you do not understand – ask your immediate Supervisor once there is any doubt.
- Wear and use all safety equipment required to ensure the safe execution of the specific job.
- Participate in mandatory toolbox meetings, safety meetings and training sessions (internal and/or external) as required.
- Report all incidents immediately to your Supervisor.
- Cooperate during incident investigations so that the incident causes can be determined and corrective action taken.
- Tag and Report all defective tools or equipment immediately.
- All staff are to adhere to the guidelines stated in the Policy Manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CHARACTERISTICS:
- Enjoyable to work with - especially with direct team members.
- Highly reliable - your supervisor and co-workers must have confidence that when assigned a task, you will get it done in a timely manner with a high quality of work.
- Management of time and tasks – can work on multiple tasks, meet KPIs, reorganize and work on high priority tasks, handover tasks when going on leave.
- Technical Analysis of requests - quickly process and understand requests, identify where external assistance is needed, document concisely and clearly what is required, plan how to respond.
- Problem solving - suggest recommended actions rather than just ask for help, come up with innovative ideas, pre-emptively identify issues with existing procedures and implement solutions.
- Quality Assurance – Quickly picks up technical errors, typos, issues with sentence construction, gaps in logic, incorrect or missing pricing, whilst reviewing requests, quotes and technical proposals
- Teamwork and Emotional Intelligence - work well with others in the department, work well with other departments, build mutual trust and respect, develop strong professional relationships with others in the company, display emotional intelligence when dealing with others.
- MS Office - Intermediate to Advance in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Physical demand - Primarily Office / Work from home.
- May attend virtual or in-person conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
- Will be required to be on site visits from time to time (shore base, ports, vessels, etc).
- Foreign travel is possible.
Submit all applications to: *****@rampslogistics.com