Wärtsilä in Bahamas is hiring a Plant Manager - Power Plant on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Want to join the ride?
We are looking for a Plant Manager to join our dynamic, fast-paced, safety-minded team, managing a power plant in Nassau Bahamas.
What will you be doing
As a Plant Manager, you will oversee plant operations, activities and team resources.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and experience managing a liquid fuel power plant.
As a Plant Manager, you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Monitor power plant performance indices.
- Development of competent contract management resources.
- Operations & Maintenance management for assigned plant.
- Responsible for all activities relating to the daily contract management at the power plant inclusive of planning and implementation of plant operations & maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with the plant team relative to the condition of the plant equipment and performance and to provide suggestions for improvements.
- Administration and training of skilled and motivated contract management personnel to assure good teamwork.
- Responsible for implementation of plant safety policy.
- Establish and implement standard Wärtsilä Services procedures and Contract Management process.
- Prepare reports, plans and budgets as instructed by the Contract Manager.
- Identify and actively seek to improve operational &maintenance reliability and availability.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Experience managing a liquid fuel power plant
- Excellent communications skills in English (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong planning skills
- Cost management
- Health & Safety focus
- Demonstrated ability to lead/supervise a team
Why you and us
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the Bahamas without sponsorship.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Energy leads the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We help our customers unlock the value of the energy transition by optimising their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Our offering comprises flexible power plants, energy management systems, and storage, as well as lifecycle services that ensure increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.