Giftland OfficeMax in Guyana is hiring a Logistic Clerk on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The position shall cover the following areas:
Checking Shipments, manage records and Keeping an eye on stock and participating in inventory counts.
- Must have 5 CXC subjects with passes in English and Math
Experience: At least six months experience in a similar position.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Maintain Paperwork and Records
- Keeping electronic and/or paper files accurate and up-to-date
- Track orders,
- Answer billing questions, and discuss content.
- Keeping an eye on stock and participating in inventory counts also may be expected.
Handle Outgoing Shipments
- Arrange the particulars of deliveries.
- Choose transportation methods based on factors such as size, cost, and when the items are needed.
- They notify material handlers of what will need to be pulled from inventory and the time at which pickup is scheduled.
- Coordinating efforts so that multiple orders can be grouped together for pick-up helps with cost control.
- If discrepancies arise with the carrier, the logistics clerk looks into the agreed-upon terms.
Receive Incoming Shipments
- Examine orders on arrival.
- Inspect for damage, verify correctness, and input information into inventory records.
- Make a point of scheduling arrival at a time when sufficient manpower exists to handle unpacking and movement.
Deal with Customers
- Keep clients posted on the status of their orders.
- If delays or unexpected situations arise, provide a heads-up and do what you can to minimize inconvenience.
- Handle replacements when incorrect goods arrive.
- If orders are damaged in transit, send out new items and file claims with the carrier.
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested applicants can send applications to :
The Human Resources Manager