Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa in Cayman Islands is hiring a Rooms Front of the House Employee on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
The Concierge's expectations are to provide hotel guests and industry relations with information and support in a professional, gracious manner, and to perform Guest Service Agent duties as needed. You'll act as an advocate for the hotel, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return!
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Contact guests who have arrived to ensure their comfort and to offer assistance.
- Assist sales in hotel tours and trip events. Additionally, conduct tours of the hotel for business, informative, and social organizations.
- Perform operational duties, if required; take reservations, and at times act as PBX operator.
- Be familiar with the city's geography, restaurants, amenities, clubs and tourism industries to provide accurate information to hotel guests.
- Review VIP and package arrivals daily.
- Personally develop relations with well-established services: bonded baby-sitters, florists, beauty and barber shops, in room spa services, etc.
- Make reservations for guests in all facets of the hospitality industry: restaurants, airlines, car rentals, entertainment, movies, shows/plays, etc.
- Maintain follow-up log for communication between Concierges.
- Attend hotel and department meetings.
What You Bring
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous experience in a Front Desk, Concierge, Sales, or customer-facing role is helpful.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing situations and personalities of guests, ensuring quality service to all guests. Maintain decorum in stressful situations.
- Familiar with hotel systems and operations, and the ability to enter in information accurately.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.