KPMG in Jamaica is hiring a Firmwide Costs (FWC) Officer on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
KPMG in Jamaica seeks to identify a Firmwide Costs (FWC) Officer who will be responsible for supporting any of the Process Controller or Accounting Operations teams. These teams perform tasks such as general ledger account analysis and reconciliations, preparing and processing journal entries, inter and intra firm billings, and preparation of monthly financial statements.
The position will be assigned to our rapidly growing KPMG Jamaica Extended Support Services (K-JESS), which provides services to a major client in the United States.
The JESS (FWC) Officer will be located in Jamaica and is aligned to support a specific FWC Process Controller or Accounting Operations team based in KPMG US’s Finance and Accounting headquarters, in Montvale New Jersey. Although they are aligned to a specific Process Controller or Accounting Operations team, they may be required to help out other teams within the FWC Process Controller teams due to special projects or absences. The JESS FWC Officer is responsible for the execution of various tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures within the FWC Process Controller and Accounting Operations teams. This position applies knowledge, independent judgment, analytical skills, and firm policies and procedures to complete simple to moderate accounting and/or finance related job responsibilities and assignments.
- Responsible for simple to moderate activities associated with analysis and reporting
- Applies knowledge, independent judgment and Client’s policies to complete simple to moderate accounting or finance related job responsibilities and assignments.
- Performs work of a technical or analytical nature, requiring special skills, training and related experience.
- Analyzes and addresses issues by evaluating different alternatives within a wide variety of established procedures; decisions are subject to review by higher levels of management both with the Client and JESS
- Prepares special simple to moderate reports and analysis
- Responsible to meet deadlines while maintaining quality
- Prepare journal entries to be posted to the general ledger
- Maintain adequate support for posted journal entries
- Performs quality assurance review of other team members’ delivery and ensures it meets Client’s expectations and deadlines
- Trainings and development
- Interacts with stakeholders and other departments as necessary
- Works with other departments and management regarding processes and procedures
- Implement policy and procedural changes as instructed by Client and local management
The successful candidate should possess:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university required or considered professional accreditation
- Minimum two years of accounting experience
- Ability to take guidance from Management and higher levels regarding account processes and procedures
- Intermideate accounting knowledge
- Knowledge and use of office productivity tools (MS Office, etc.)
- Moderate Microsoft Excel skills
- Working knowledge of SAP General Ledger Module preferred
- Ability to learn and use of other business information systems
- Exercises independent judgment in creating and selecting ways to complete work assignments with guidance from higher levels
We thank all interested applicants however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.