KPMG in Jamaica is hiring a General Accounting Officer on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
KPMG Jamaica Extended Support Services seek to identify a General Accounting Officer who will be providing support to the JESS general accounting staff, while addressing tight deadlines as well as a multitude of technical and analytical accounting activities including reconciliations, year-end schedules, and other general accounting tasks.
The K-JESS General Accounting (GA) Officer is responsible for performing various tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures provided by the Clients’ General Accounting (GA) process area. This position applies knowledge, independent judgment and firm policies to complete simple accounting or finance related job responsibilities and assignments. The K-JESS GA Assistant Officer performs work of a technical or analytical nature, requiring special skills and training
The K-JESS Officer reports primarily to the JESS General Accounting (GA) Team Lead but will also take direction from other Finance and Accounting (F&A) Client team members who are accountable for supported work. Core job responsibilities will be to:
- Responsible for activities associated with maintaining general ledger accounts, including balance sheet reconciliations and other analysis
- Research, follow up on and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner
- Applies knowledge, independent judgment and Client’s policies to complete moderate to complex accounting or finance related job responsibilities and assignments. Performs work of a technical or analytical nature, requiring special skills, training and related experience.
- Analyzes and addresses issues by evaluating different alternatives within a wide variety of established procedures; decisions are subject to review by higher levels of management both with the Client and K-JESS
- Prepares special simple reports and analyses
- Prioritizes work assignments in order to meet deadlines
- Prepare journal entries and post to the General Ledger
- Process fixed asset maintenance
- Maintain adequate support for posted journal entries
- Performs quality assurance review of other team members’ delivery and ensures it meets Client’s expectations and deadlines
The successful candidate should possess:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum of two years of general accounting experience
- Intermideate accounting knowledge
- Ability to take guidance from Team Lead and Senior Officers regarding account processes and procedures
- Moderate knowledge and use of office productivity tools (MS Office, etc.
- Moderate Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to learn and use of other business information systems
- Ability to complete lower complexity tasks accurately and completely with direction
We thank all interested applicants however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.